½ lb. Bacon, diced
4 Yellow Onions, sliced thin
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
½ cup St. Elmo Root Beer Glaze
1-2 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (Optional)
1. Place bacon in a large saucepan. Bring to medium heat and stir until browned.
2. Once browned, remove bacon from the pan. Keep oil rendered from the bacon in the pan.
3. Place sliced onions and Kosher salt into the pan, stirring lightly to coat the onions in the oil.
4. Maintain medium heat for 30 minutes. Stir every 5-7 minutes to ensure onions brown evenly.
5. After 30 minutes, onions should be translucent and reduced in size significantly. At this point, add the bacon back into the saucepan, and continue to simmer over medium heat for another 15 minutes.
6. Add St. Elmo Root Beer Glaze to the pan and evenly coat the onions and bacon. If you are wanting to add some heat – add red pepper flakes in at this step.
7. Turn your stove to low heat, and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, let cool, and enjoy!