Created by St. Elmo Steak House Sous Chef, Andrew Horstmann.
2 lb skin-on chicken breast (bone-in optional)
1 12 oz bottle St Elmo cocktail sauce
1 medium white onion (½ whole, ½ sliced)
5 garlic cloves (3 whole, 2 chopped)
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 bay leaf
2 tbs. olive oil
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes with juice
3 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
Queso fresco, crumbled
1 cup St. Elmo Creamy Horseradish
1 ½ oz fresh lime juice
Corn tortillas or tostadas
1. Combine chicken breasts, St. Elmo Cocktail Sauce, ½ whole white onion and 3 whole garlic cloves in a crockpot or large pot.
2. Cook on low for 2 ½ hours. Once cooked, shred chicken and set aside.
3. In a small pot heat the olive oil to medium heat.
4. Add sliced onion and season with salt. Cook for 10 minutes, or until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then add chipotle peppers, bay leaf and tomatoes.
5. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to a simmer. Let simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid has reduced slightly.
6. Stir in shredded chicken and cilantro.
7. Make horseradish crema: mix Creamy Horseradish and 1 ½ oz fresh lime juice.
8. Serve with warm tostadas or corn tortillas, refried beans, queso fresco and horseradish crema.