Created by Northside Harry & Izzy’s Sous Chef, Carlesa Smith.
Vegetable oil, for frying
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¼ c. milk
1 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. St. Elmo Seasoning
1 c. breadcrumbs
1 c. coconut flakes (sweetened or unsweetened)
1 lb. large shrimp, uncooked (peeled and deveined, tail off)
2 c. vegetable oil
St. Elmo Cocktail Sauce, for dipping
1. Heat about 2 inches of oil in a large skillet over medium heat until thermometer registers 350°
2. Mix eggs and milk in a shallow dish. Whisk the flour and St. Elmo Seasoning in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and coconut flakes.
3. Dredge shrimp in flour mixture, dip in eggs, and then roll in coconut mixture.
4. Place shrimp in oil and fry until golden. Flip the shrimp after 1 ½ minutes then cook for an additional 1 ½ minutes.
5. Transfer to a serving plate lined with paper towel.
6. Pour St. Elmo Cocktail Sauce in a small bowl for dipping and enjoy!