Created by St. Elmo Steak House Sous Chef, Andrew Horstmann.
4 lbs. very ripe tomatoes
4 tbsp. St. Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish
½ c. St. Elmo Cocktail Sauce
1 English cucumber, peeled
1 red bell pepper, core and seed
1 large shallot, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 oz sherry or red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. salt
3oz extra-virgin olive oil
5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
Toasted bread, for serving
1. Roughly chop tomatoes, cucumber red pepper, shallot and garlic cloves then place in a mixing bowl. Add sherry (or red wine vinegar) and salt then toss.
2. Let mixture sit for 30 minutes at room temperature.
3. Transfer tomato mixture to a blender. Add St. Elmo Cocktail Sauce, Coarse-Cut Horseradish and extra-virgin olive oil then blend on high until gazpacho becomes smooth in consistency.
4. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
5. Serve chilled in soup bowl. Garnish with cherry tomatoes, chives, a drizzle of olive oil and toasted bread.