Created by Downtown Harry & Izzy’s Sous Chef, Evan Leggins.
1 ¼ c. cheddar cheese, shredded (1/4 c. on top)
½ c mozzarella cheese, shredded
8oz cream cheese (room temperature)
2-3 tbsp. St Elmo Coarse-Cut Horseradish
1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
3 tbsp. chives, finely chopped (1 tbsp. for garnish)
1 tsp. garlic powder
¼ c. India Pale Ale (Bell’s Two Hearted)
¼ tsp. black pepper
1 (16oz) can biscuits
3 tbsp. baking soda
3 c. water
Egg wash (1 large egg mixed with 1 tbsp. water)
1 tbsp. coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a large bowl combine 1 cup cheddar, mozzarella, cream cheese, Coarse-Cut Horseradish, mustard, 2 tbsp. chives, garlic powder, beer and pepper. Mix well then set aside. (Make sure ingredients are at room temperature)
3. Combine the baking soda and water in a pot and bring to a boil to dissolve baking soda.
4. While the water is boiling, halve each biscuit and roll each piece into a ball.
5. Score the top of the biscuits with an “X”. Be careful not to cut too deep.
6. Once the water has boiled reduce the heat to a simmer and cook biscuits for approximately 1 minute 15 seconds – 1 minute 30 seconds, stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. Once finished cooking transfer to an oven-proof skillet and form a ring around the outer edge.
8. Brush biscuits with egg wash and sprinkle the tops with coarse salt.
9. Add cheese mixture to the center of the skillet and sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup cheddar over dip.
10. Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until cheese is melted and biscuits are golden brown.
11. Garnish with chives and serve hot.